News

Probe into NSW teen's electric shock

by
June 12, 2018

Gladys Berejiklian says it's appalling a teenager received an electric shock in a Sydney.

A 15-year-old girl suffered an electric shock from "dodgy wiring" near Sydney's CBD light rail project, her mother claims.

Viola Morris says her daughter Anna was injured in the city on Sunday near a light rail construction site in Haymarket.

Ms Morris posted a photograph of herself and her daughter in hospital on Facebook on Monday, saying the incident could have been "catastrophic".

"The current was so strong that the passers-by who tried to help her were also shocked by touching her," Ms Morris said.

"She was in lots of pain, and that's settled to muscular pain now."

The girl was later discharged.

The NSW Department of Roads and Maritime Services is investigating after its workers identified an exposed wire at the site.

By
More in National
Login Sign Up

Dummy text