Police are yet to lay any charges over a Gold Coast shooting that left a man dead on Wednesday morning.
The 46-year-old was shot sometime around 2am at the home in Waverley Street, Southport and died at the scene despite receiving treatment from paramedics.
Police have taken the man's partner, a 39-year-woman, into custody but have not charged her at this stage.
Detective Acting Inspector Matt Ward said the woman, who lives at the home, called triple zero to report the shooting.
Det Act Insp Ward said a weapon had been located inside the house but couldn't confirm if it was the gun used in the shooting.
"We are still in the process of processing that crime scene, it will remain with us for up to two days," Det Act Insp Ward said.
Police are also interviewing two other people who were in the home at the time of the shooting while a child and two other adults were in a caravan on the property.
The man, who does not live at the property, is believed to have arrived at some point during the night.
"Suffice to say he hadn't been there for a substantial period of time," Det Act Insp Ward said.
He said while there was no history of domestic violence involving the couple, it was an avenue police were investigating.