News

SA man jailed over petrol bomb attack

by
September 12, 2017

Luke Coburn suffered burns to 28 per cent of his body during a 2013 petrol bomb attack.

A man who threw a home-made petrol bomb at a teenager is set to be sentenced over the attack.

Luke Coburn suffered burns to 28 per cent of his body in 2013 and has told the District Court that his scars are still healing while thoughts of the incident still make him "sick to my stomach".

He was attacked by two men, with the instigator, Joshua William Lomas, previously jailed for five years.

On Tuesday the second man involved, Tristan Dale Champion, will learn his fate after pleading guilty to aggravated recklessly causing serious harm.

The attack stemmed from Lomas becoming jealous that his girlfriend had started seeing Mr Coburn, who was only 17 at the time.

Lomas initially hatched a plan to torch a car outside Mr Coburn's home but it changed in a "split second", with the home-made petrol bomb thrown towards the teenager instead.

In an apology read to the court recently, Champion said he deeply regretted the horrible injuries inflicted on Mr Coburn.

By
More in National
Login Sign Up

Dummy text