WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has put off a "special announcement" he was to make from the balcony of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.
In a statement on Monday WikiLeaks said the deferral had been decided on the advice of the Australian's legal team following "the agreement of an imminent meeting with British authorities".
"Mr Assange's legal team remain optimistic that a satisfactory outcome can be found which respects the British legal process and restores Mr Assange's freedom and dignity," the statement said.
The 45-year-old was due to speak on Monday on the fifth anniversary of his arrival at the embassy where he sought asylum in 2012.
Swedish prosecutors last month announced they were dropping an investigation into a rape claim against Assange, an investigation that prompted him to seek refuge in the embassy.
He remains in the embassy as he still faces arrest in the UK on a charge of skipping bail and fears extradition to the US over WikiLeak's publication of top secret US military and diplomatic documents.